The Trick

Grab a beer, sit back and discuss whatever you like.

However............NO RELIGION or POLITICS!
TeeZed

Re: The Trick

Postby TeeZed » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:28 am

M.duMaine wrote:...mmhhhmm... may be I am getting old.... but in former days there was a competition on the racetrack.....
... now it is on the polishing road...? :oops:

At least the results are fantastic... keeping you busy..and off the track ..?? :)

Michel

There's nothing wrong with being competitive AND looking good on the track Michel :!:

AND..........I have seen pictures of your bikes and they all look good. ;)

Don
Your life is made up of two dates and a dash........make the most of the dash. ;)

Rob w 88

Postby Rob w 88 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:07 am

Nothing wrong with having a nice looking clean bike the real advantage is you are checking every inch of your bike as you clean and may well spot things before they come a problem. A well presented machine means you take pride in your bike both cosmetically and mechanically. IF I where to go look at a bike to buy and it was rough on the outside i would wonder what the engine was like in the inside so would probably walk away especially if the owner was vague on component milage, :D

abond

Postby abond » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:33 am

Don't let my "patina" fool you, although it currently resides in my living room, it's a full on race bike. Seven events last year, and hopefully one additional event this year. Third in my class Championship, and despite my injuries I even managed to touch a knee by the end of the season! I just believe fully in putting the same amount of effort into the beauty of the bike as I do into the chassis/powertrain development.

Plus I just like em pretty...
BRS Racing #61
VRRA Competition Coordinator

TeeZed

Postby TeeZed » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:43 pm

Rob w 88 wrote:Nothing wrong with having a nice looking clean bike the real advantage is you are checking every inch of your bike as you clean and may well spot things before they come a problem. A well presented machine means you take pride in your bike both cosmetically and mechanically. IF I where to go look at a bike to buy and it was rough on the outside i would wonder what the engine was like in the inside so would probably walk away especially if the owner was vague on component milage, :D

I totally agree on all points (I wish we had one of those 'thunbs up' thingys :D ).

Don
Your life is made up of two dates and a dash........make the most of the dash. ;)

TeeZed

Postby TeeZed » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:44 pm

abond wrote:Plus I just like em pretty...

:mrgreen:

Don

Hydroleo

Postby Hydroleo » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:36 pm

M.duMaine wrote:...mmhhhmm... may be I am getting old.... but in former days there was a competition on the racetrack.....
... now it is on the polishing road...? :oops:

At least the results are fantastic... keeping you busy..and off the track ..?? :)

Michel

Michel always hated cleaning and polishing his bikes, has got nothing to do with his age.
He did not like to ride in the wet, not because it is slippery, but it would end up in a dirty bike :lol: :lol:

Leo.

Return to “Down in the Shop...”