NEW DTLS Front Brake Assembly (Pender Special - $1250)

This is the section to list parts you want to buy, sale or trade. Please limit it to Two-Stroke or racing related items.
Yamanatic

NEW DTLS Front Brake Assembly (Pender Special - $1250)

Postby Yamanatic » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:04 pm

Instead of a VINTAGE Complete OEM TD3/TR3/TZA~B Front Brake Assembly in very good condition, how about one of those nifty Pender repro brakes? These ones actually work, with modern linings and precision fitted shoes. The finish is fantastic, and the castings are precise and top quality. I paid $1700, and would take $1250 - the project it was destined for has gone down the road. The brake has only been out of the crate to look at, otherwise NEW (with axle).

EMail war_bar@hotmail.com for pictures. Located in Arkansas, USA.
Thanks, Warren
Last edited by Yamanatic on Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bullarabs

Re: Vintage DTLS Front Brake Assembly

Postby bullarabs » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:42 am

is email for pics correct? bouncing back at me... please email pics to bullarabs@bigpond.com

Yamanatic

Postby Yamanatic » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:01 pm

Hello bullarabs,

The eMail addy is correct - don't know what happened there.

I sent off 3 eMails with numerous pics of the brake. Please let me know if they did not make the trip.

Thanks!
Warren

bbroomer

Postby bbroomer » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:16 pm

What select TD1 parts are you wanting.
Brad

Yamanatic

Postby Yamanatic » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:04 pm

Hello Brad,

I'm searching for:
Front brake backing plate assembly (I have a rough but salvageable bare drum),
the one piece timing / magneto cover,
2 of the ever elusive front fenders (both the 'usual' TD1 piece, and the earlier narrow-blade Yellow Tanker variety),
1 YX and 1 TD1 marked rims (I have a TD1 rim but it is bent),
both sides early stamped perches and levers with the wire batten and rubber ball end,
and shock absorbers.

Have you a TD1 project? I do have a few TD1 parts to trade, and some TD2 restoration leftovers.

Regards,
Warren

bbroomer

Postby bbroomer » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:30 pm

Hey warren,It seems every one is looking for the same parts.The only thing on your list I have is the mag cover.It had a hole in the side that has been
repaired poorly.Not sure if I want to let it go yet.I will think on it some.
Yes I have a TD1c project.It is missing the front end & front wheel.I also have a TD2 project that I might sell.It needs a front wheel,tac,seat,cylinder & a few other bits.I also have a TR2 frame cases & cyl. That might be for sale.To many projects,not enough time.
Brad

Yamanatic

Postby Yamanatic » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:07 am

Hey Brad, TD1 forks are tough; I've never seen a front fork assembly for sale that didn't come with an entire bike. About 5 years ago I did see a fender, but it went for like $750 and it was sorta banged up. I ended up making a steel one out of YDS3 and DS7 that didn't turn out too bad for a C.

It sounds like we have the same disease when it comes to collecting projects; more restorations than years left to finish them. After putting a mostly complete TD2 together, I've learned they're almost as rare as TD1's (at least in the USA) and more time is spent hunting goodies than refinishing them. But the flat-tankers sure are handsome =)

If your gluttony for punishment is overwhelming and you do decide to restore the TD2, there may be something left off the parts liquidation list that might help. Most all of the parts ended up going to a collector in Kentucky, but he's willing to part with any left overs - I would be glad to check with him, just let me know:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=231&p=1414#p1414

Regards,
WW

richardw

Re: NEW DTLS Front Brake Assembly (Pender Special - $1250)

Postby richardw » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:23 pm

I have TD1 front brake plate in very good condition except that the hole for the axle has been bored out to 29mm!
Am looking for pointers to 4L/S brake plates for big drum and also TD1B/C rear wheel or complete hub.

Yamanatic

Postby Yamanatic » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:55 pm

Hey Richard,

I do have one bare DTLS big-brake backing plate (I think its a Left), but it has had one of the grill/cover supports welded on; functional, but repaired. No extra TD1 rear wheel or rear brake assembly though, but I do have brake shoes. There are a couple people scattered around the U.S. that do have spares, but sadly they are "black-hole" collectors that will only part with treasures at their Estate Sales =0

ww
Last edited by Yamanatic on Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bbroomer

Postby bbroomer » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:14 pm

Hey Warren,There is your chance for a td1 front brake.
I might also be interested in the td2 cylinder set if he still has them.I only need one,the left I think but would have to check.
I also need a td2 clutch basket.

richardw,I have a td1 rear wheel complete. if your interested shoot me a pm

Brad

Return to “Buy/Sale/Swap Whatever.....”